2020 has been a rough year for any would-be brides and grooms out there. As uncertainty has grown and guest lists have shortened, the celebration that many people imagined may need to take a new shape, but there are still great options available for a magical and memorable small wedding or elopement in San Diego. When you feel it’s time to move forward with the big day, there are some amazing venues in and around San Diego that have adapted with public safety guidelines to host small weddings or elopements in a way that’s safe for you and your loved ones.
1 – La Valencia
If you use words like classy or glamorous when describing your dream SoCal wedding or elopement, you’re definitely going to want to check out La Valencia. It’s just outside of San Diego and has become an iconic part of the area, hosting weddings for over 90 years. They’ve recently renovated their ocean-view ballroom and terrace, perfect for intimate receptions, and offer amazing options for outdoor ceremonies.
- Gorgeous cliffside ceremonies overlooking the ocean.
- Iconic venue with a storied history (that includes hosting more than a few LA celebrities)
- Pristine garden settings for open-air ceremonies
Check here to find out about all the new covid safety precautions they’re taking to protect you and your guests.
2 – Rancho Valencia Resort and Spa
The acres upon acres of stunning gardens and citrus groves are a photographer’s dream come true, and you can be sure you’ll leave with lifelong, picturesque memories. Outdoor, open air ceremonies and celebrations are a smart option in the time of Covid, and it’s an easy choice to make with a setting like Rancho Valencia.
- Gorgeous, lantern lit walkways through lush gardens.
- Forbes gave the resort and spa a 5 Star rating.
- They now offer new small wedding packages designed specifically for small, more timely celebrations.
Read about all of their new Covid precautions and procedures here.
3 – Feast and Fareway Restaurant at the Coronado Municipal Golf Course
With a selection of stunning open air receptions sites (including an unbelievable location overlooking a secluded beach that can only be accessed by boat) and newly completed renovations, The Feast and Fareway Restaurant is a must-see venue with flexible options to meet changing needs.
- Extensive reconstruction and renovation in 2019.
- Multiple reception sites available and adaptable.
- Did I mention the secluded beach?
4 – Estancia La Jolla Hotel and Spa
10 acres of sprawling gardens and Spanish architecture has made Estancia La Jolla one of San Diego’s top wedding venues and great for small weddings in San Diego. It’s the place to go for classic Hacienda style small weddings with heaps of local charm on top.
- New and renovated outdoor amenities for open air celebrations.
- Well deserved winner of The Conde Nast Traveller, Readers Choice award for 2019
- An attentive and friendly staff ensure your big day goes smoothly.
Their health and hospitality promise can be found here
5 – L’Auberge Del Mar
There’s a reason L’Auberge is affectionately known as the heart of Del Mar. Located at an almost unbelievably picturesque coastal village, the seaside venue offers a variety of sites for your ceremony.
- Honeymoon special included in their wedding package.
- An experienced team of wedding consultants is available.
- A charming coastal town to explore.
Read what they’re doing to create a healthy and safe environment for your big day.
Want to see more of our work? Check out our Pinterest boards for inspiration, or other blogs from our favorite venues.